Chinese manufacturers have increased their presence and operation in the Indian market with a wide array of smartphones. One such company that has been successful in the budget segment is Meizu. Since its arrival on Indian shores in 2015, Meizu has garnered rave reviews from users as well as critics, especially for their ‘M’ series devices – Meizu M5 and Meizu M3. So in case you are on the lookout for a new smartphone, you can consider buying either of them. But which one would suit your needs more? Here’s a detailed comparison to save your hours of decision making.
- While both the M5 and M3 cater to budget customers, there is no dearth of features. In terms of design, both have similar dimensions and weigh almost the same. There’s no doubt about the premium build quality of both M5 and M3, especially considering the price they retail for. While M5 possesses a slightly bigger screen in comparison to M3 (5.20-inch vs. 5.0-inch), both are equipped with HD display. But M5’s advantage is the IPS LCD panel, which makes images clearer and crisper.
- Both M5 and M3 are powered by MediaTek MT6750, octa-core 1.5GHz processors, and while the former features 3GB RAM, M3 comes with 2GB RAM. The built-in storage capacities for M5 and M3 smartphones are 32GB and 16GB respectively, and there’s support for microSD, microSDHC and microSDXC cards for expansion. In terms of software, M5 runs on Android Marshmallow 6.0 OS and M3 runs on Android 5.1 Lollipop. Both feature Meizu’s proprietary Flyme UI skin atop.
- In terms of camera, both these devices have 13MP rear shooter with dual LED flash, although M5 possesses slightly better hardware in comparison to M3. The basic features like burst mode, panorama, video-calling and phase detection are common between the two. The 5MP front camera provides decent image clarity in both cases.
- Battery capacity is where the difference exists. While M5 possesses a beefy 3,070mAh battery, M3 only houses a 2,870mAh one. So, M5 is clearly meant for heavier users, while M3 is suitable for light to medium users. But M3 has an advantage over M5 – in case of the former, the battery is user replaceable, while it’s not the same for M5.
- Privacy is of utmost importance today, and if you are concerned about protection of apps and data in your smartphone, both M5 and M3 offer an added layer of security in the form of a fingerprint sensor that is housed underneath the Home button. Meizu claims that the fingerprint sensor is one of the snappiest in the market today, and can read prints in under 0.2s.
- Like most android smartphones in this segment, both M5 and M3 come equipped with dual SIM slots, 4G VoLTE support, along with connectivity options like Bluetooth 4.0 and WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n (2.4GHz/5GHz).
You can buy the Meizu M5 Blue or Champagne Gold Meizu M5 edition exclusively at Tata Cliq at an offer price of 9,499/-. Do not miss to grab this golden opportunity.